Sunday, January 27, 2008

Smorgasbord is a real word?!



If you really want a taste of the minimal and well, rye, try Nordic Bakery. From smoked salmon to invigorating coffee to cinnamon buns, the Scandinavian inspired food shop and bakery has enough to keep an American, and Helvetica-obsessed designer satisfied. With little interior decor, aside from custom made furniture (imported from Finland) and gorgeous wood paneled walls, there's really nothing to take away from the experience of trying something new...and delicious. Even my Swedish friend was impressed.



Afterwards we walked down Carnaby Street, looked around in a foreign bookstore, and, much to his embarrassment, saw ourselves some hookers in SoHo. It was a grand day.



I swung by Rymans, and the salesperson looked at me like I was insane when I asked where I could find colored pencils. Apparently Crayola isn't too entirely popular 'round these parts. BUT, Sainsbury's (my local grocery) didn't fail me.

This evening, Kristin and I ran down the street to the laundromat to do about three week's worth of dirty clothes. It was entirely too difficult. The machines only take pounds and 20 p's, so I had to get change twice. Anyway, I now have clean clothes, so that's a good thing. I guess I can hold off on the Febreeze for about a week.

No comments: